The Indian auto industry has witnessed a significant rise in demand for SUVs in the last few years. In fact, most of the automakers have posted huge increase in sales due to rise in demand for SUVs. In this article, we talk about the top selling SUVs for the month of August 2023.
– Maruti Brezza retains the top-spot in the list of top selling SUVs for the month of August 2023. The company sold 14,572 units of the Brezza in the month of August 2023 as against 15,193 units in the same month last year. However, the SUV’s year-on-year sales declined by 4.09 percent.
Top 10 Selling SUVs August 2023
|Model Name||Sales Aug 2023|
|Maruti Grand Vitara||11818|
|Mahindra Scorpio Classic/ N||9898|
– Tata Punch surprises many with its huge popularity, as it manages to beat the hugely popular Hyundai Creta to grab the second position in the list of top selling SUVs in August 2023. Tata sold 14,523 units of the Punch last month, reporting a YoY sales growth of 20.96 percent. The company had sold 12,006 units in the same month last year.
– Hyundai Creat slips to 3rd position with 13,832 units sold in August 2023. The SUV’s YoY sales increased by good 9.98 percent (12577 units sold in August 2022).
– Maruti Fronx is a big surprise in the segment, as it manages to beat the likes of HYundai Venue, Kia Seltos and Tata Nexon in August sales. Maruti Suzuki sold 12,164 units of the Fronx crossover in August 2023.
– The Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara is at the 5th position with 11,818 units sold in the month of August 2023. The Hyundai Venue slips to 6th position with 10,948 units sold in August 2023 as against 11,240 units in the same month last year, reporting a YoY sales dip of 2.60%.
– The Kia Seltos is gaining good response from car buyers in the country. In its facelifted avatar, the SUV manages to grab good market share. The company sold 10,698 units of the Seltos in August 2023 as against 8,652 units in the same month last year, reporting a YoY sales increase of 23.65%.
– Mahindra Scorpio Classic and Scorpio N combined sales stood at 9,898 in August 2023 as against 7,056 units in the same month last year, reporting a YoY sales growth of 40%. On the other hand, Mahindra Bolero nameplate reports a YoY sales increase of 10.26% with 9,092 units sold in August 2023 as against 8,246 units in the same month last year.
– The Tata Nexon slips to 10th position with 8,049 units sold in August 2023. This is mainly due to the scheduled arrival of new Nexon on September 14, 2023. Before introducing the new model, Tata aims to clear the stocks of the existing model.