Maruti Suzuki has finally announced the prices of the new Grand Vitara SUV in India. The new model is sold exclusively through NEXA premium dealership network. It can be booked online or at authorised dealerships by paying a token amount of Rs 11,000. The new model is positioned against the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, MG Astor, VW Taigun and the Skoda Kushaq.
The Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos are dominating the premium compact SUV segment. While the former is doing close to 10,000 average montly sales, the Seltos is recording close to 8000 sales every month. With Grand Vitara, MSIL will aim to challenge these two models and also improving its position in the SUV category. Here is a specifications-based comparison between the new Maruti Grand Vitara, Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos.
Grand Vitara Vs Creta Vs Seltos – Price Comparison
|Grand Vitara (Mild Hybrid)||10.45 lakh – 16.89 Lakh|
|Creta 1.5 NA||10.44 lakh – 17.22 lakh|
|Seltos 1.5 NA||10.49 lakh – 15.45 lakh|
|Grand Vitara (Strong Hybrid)||17.99 lakh – 19.49 lakh|
– The Grand Vitara is offered with two engine options – a 1.5L petrol with mild hybrid setup and a 1.5L petrol with strong hybrid setup. The mild hybrid version is available in the price bracket of Rs 10.45 lakh to Rs 16.89 lakh (ex-showroom).
– The strong hybrid version is available in two variants – Zeta+ and Alpha+ – priced at Rs 17.99 lakh and Rs 19.49 lakh respectively.
– The Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos are offered with petrol as well as diesel engine options. The Creta 1.5 naturally-aspirated version is priced between Rs 10.44 lakh and Rs 17.22 lakh. On the other hand, the Seltos 1.5 NA verson is priced in the range of Rs 10.49 lakh to Rs 15.45 lakh. The Creta top-spec model is around 33,000 more expensive than the top-spec Grand Vitara mild hybrid version.
Grand Vitara Vs Creta Vs Seltos – Features
|Android Auto & Apple CarPlay||Yes (Wireless)||Yes (Wireless)||Yes (Wireless)|
|Connected Car tech||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Head-Up Display (HUD)||Yes||No||Yes|
|360 degree camera||Yes||No||Yes|
|Front Parking Sensors||No||Yes||No|
|Wireless phone charging||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cooled glove box||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Powered Driver Seat||No||Yes||Yes|
|Airbags||6 Airbags||6 Airbags||6 Airbags|
|ABS with EBD||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Hill Hold Assist||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Hill Descent Control||Yes||NA||NA|
|3-point ELR seat belts||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Rear Disc Brakes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Grand Vitara Vs Creta Vs Seltos – Specs
– The new Grand Vitara is based on Suzuki’s Global-C platform that also underpins the new Toyota Hyryder. Not just platform, both models share the engine and gearbox options.
|Engine||1.5L NA petrol/ 1.5L Petrol With Electric Hybrid||1.5L Petrol/1.4L Turbo Petrol/ 1.5L Diesel||1.5L Petrol/1.4L Turbo Petrol/ 1.5L Diesel|
|Gearbox||5MT, 6AT/ e-CVT||6MT, CVT, iMT & DCT||6MT, CVT, iMT & DCT|
|Mileage (ARAI)||21.11kmpl MT, 20.58kmpl AT, 19.58kmpl AWD/ 27.97kmpl||16.8kmpl MT, 17.1kmpl CVT/16.8kmpl DCT/21.4kmpl MT, 18.3kmpl AT||16.8kmpl MT, 17.1kmpl CVT/16.8kmpl DCT/21.4kmpl MT, 18.3kmpl AT|
|Drive||FWD & AWD||FWD||FWD|
|Tyre Size||215/60 R17||215/60 R17||215/60 R17|
– The new Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara is offered with two engine options – a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder naturally-aspirated petrol with a mild hybrid tech and a 1.5L petrol with Intelligent Hybrid Tech. The naturally-aspirated engine is capable of producing 102bhp of power and 136.8Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed torque convertor with paddle shifters.
– The strong hybrid engine is sourced from Toyota, which has a 1.5L 3-cylinder Atkinson cycle petrol engine coupled to a synchronous AC motor. The engine produces 92.45PS of power, while the maximum usable power and torque stands at 115.5PS and 122Nm respectively. It comes with Toyota’s e-CVT, which is also offered on the global Yaris Cross hybrid.
– The Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos are also based on the same platform and shares the engine and gearbox options. Both models are offered with 3 engine options – a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder naturally-aspirated petrol, a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated diesel and a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol.
– The diesel engine is capable of producing 115PS at 4,000rpm and 250Nm of torque between 1500-2750rpm. Transmission choices include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque convertor automatic.
– The 1.5L NA petrol engine produces 115PS at 6300rpm and 144Nm of torque at 4,500rpm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, CVT and a 6-speed iMT (Intelligent Manual Transmission). The 1.4L turbo petrol engine produces 138bhp at 6000rpm and 242Nm of torque between 1500-3200rpm. It is offered with 6-speed manual and a 7-speed DCT.
– While the Seltos and the Creta are front-wheel-drive models, the new Suzuki Grand Vitara is also offered with Suzuki’s AllGrip AWD system. The AWD system is only available with the 1.5L petrol mild hybrid engine and manual gearbox. The AllGrip all-wheel-drive system will offer 4 driving modes – Auto, Sand, Snow and Lock. In the auto mode, the AWD system intelligently sense terrain and vary torque to the wheels on demand.
Grand Vitara Vs Rivals – Mileage
– The new Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara is the country’s most fuel-efficient model with strong hybrid mileage of around 28kmpl. The SUV’s electric hybrid model is claimed to return an ARAI certified fuel economy of 27.97kmpl.
– The standard petrol with a mild hybrid tech returns a certified mileage of 21.11kmpl with manual gearbox. The automatic front wheel drive model offers 20.58kmpl, while the manual all-wheel-drive model is claimed to offer 19.38kmpl.
– The Creta and the Seltos offers similar levels of fuel efficiency. The 1.5L petrol MT and petrol IVT are claimed to deliver 16.8kmpl and 17.1kmpl respectively. The diesel manual and automatic returns 21.4kmpl and 18.3kmpl respectively. The turbocharged petrol DCT is claimed to return an ARAI certified mileage of 16.8kmpl.
Grand Vitara Vs Creta Vs Seltos – Dimensions
– The new Suzuki Grand Vitara measures 4,345mm in length, 1,795mm in width and 1,645mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,600mm.
– In terms of proportions, the Kia Seltos is 4,315mm long, 1,800mm wide and 1,645mm tall and has a wheelbase of 2610mm. It has a ground clearance of 190mm. The SUV offers a luggage carrying capacity of 433-litres
– The Creta measures 4,300mm in length, 1790mm wide and 1,635mm tall and has a wheelbase of 2,610mm. It has a ground clearance of 190mm, while the boot space stands at 433-litres.