The all-new Kia Carens 6/7-seater MPV has finally made its world debut in India. The model is scheduled to go on sale in early 2022. Here, it will be positioned against multiple cars right from Maruti Suzuki XL6 (lower variants) to Toyota Innova Crysta and Hyundai Alcazar (higher trims). Hyundai’s upcoming compact MPV will also give a tough challenge to Kia’s new three-row family car.
Here’re details of the new Kia 6/7-seater MPV. The automaker says that the Carens comes with “tough and bold” design of an SUV and offers comfort and cabin space of a MPV.
– The Carens model lineup is reported to be offered in multiple variants, namely, L, LX, EX, EX+, TX and TX+. Some of them will be further divided into L:HTPHTM, LX: Premium, EX: Prestige, EX: Prestige+, TX: Luxury and TX+: Luxury+.
Kia Carens Exterior Design
– Visually, the new Kia MPV appears more like an SUV. Upfront, the model carries ‘Tiger Nose design’ that might also be carried on future Kia models. It has slim, wraparound LED headlamps with twin-setup, LED DRLs with inserts similar Sportage SUV, slightly smaller grille than Seltos, sporty bumper, an upright nose and a flat bonnet design. Check Out – Kia Seltos Electric SUV Rendered – Blue Highlights, Airless Tyres
You can notice a bold character line has been emerging from the headlamps and merging with the front door.
– The bold side crease further emerges from the rear door and merges to the taillamps. The pronounced wheel arches, alloy wheels and body cladding running across the length enhance its side appearance.
– The taillamps, which are extending from the rear fender, are connected via a lightbar. The rear bumper, two faux silver bits, rear wheel arches and tailgate with several horizontal creases add more to its sporty looks.
Kia Carens Interior Features
– As mentioned above, the new Kia MPV will be made available with 6-seat and 7-seat configurations. While the higher variants come with a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system supporting Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, the lower variants have an 8.0-inch unit.
– Features such as leather seat upholstery, leather wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel, 6 USB-C ports (two for each row passengers) and a single pane sunroof are reserved for range-topping variants.
– The MPV also offers wireless smartphone charging, a 360 degree camera, an 8-speaker Bose sound system, ventilated front seats, ambient lighting colour options, air purifier with virus and bacteria protection, Kia’s UVO connectivity suite, a digital instrument cluster and AI assisted voice commands. There is one touch tumble down feature for the second row, which is first-in-segment.
– The new Kia MPV measures 4540mm in length, 1800mm in width, 1700mm in height with a wheelbase of 2780mm, which is longest in the segment. Compared to Alcazar, it’s longer, wider, taller and have more cabin space to offer. Hyundai’s SUV is 4,500mm long, 1,790mm wide, 1,675mm tall and sits on 2,760mm long wheelbase.
– Kia claims that Carens will be one of the safest vehicle in the country. Its safety kit includes 6 airbags (standard), anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), vehicle stability management, electronic stability control (ESC), rear parking sensors, tyre pressure monitoring system, all wheel disc brakes, hill start assist control and downhill brake control.
Kia Carens Engine Options
– The new Kia 7-seater MPV will be offered with three engine options – 1.5L petrol (115bhp/144Nm), 1.4L turbo petrol (140bhp/242Nm) and 1.5L diesel (115bhp/250Nm). All these powertrains will be borrowed from the Seltos SUV.
– While the 1.5L petrol unit will come with the 6-speed manual and CVT automatic gearbox options, the 1.4L turbo petrol motor will be available with a 6-speed manual and a DCT automatic transmission. The oil burner can be had with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque convertor automatic gearbox.
Kia Carens Price Range (Expected)
– Prices of the new Kia 6/7-seater MPV are estimated to start from Rs 15 lakh and go up to Rs 20 lakh (ex-showroom). Official prices will be revealed in early 2022.